By participating, you agree that:
1. These Official Contest Rules may not be waived, modified, or supplemented except by Saint Bernard Church or the Catholic Diocese of Evansville. No modification of these official contest rules shall be enforceable unless made by Saint Bernard Church or the Catholic Diocese of Evansville.
2. The raffle drawing shall be held at the Saint Bernard Church grounds in Rockport, Indiana. All tickets must be received by the drawing date and time (9:00 p.m. CDT) to be eligible for the drawing. You need not be present to win.
3. Each ticket will be entered separately in the drawing. Each ticket is a separate and equal chance to win the Corvette. A maximum of 12,000 numbered tickets are eligible to be sold.
4. Winner has 30 days after the drawing to take delivery of the Corvette at Saint Bernard Church in Rockport, Indiana, or forfeits all claims thereto. Winner is responsible for transportation of the car to their location. By law, all federal and state taxes must be paid to Saint Bernard Church by the winner prior to taking possession of the Corvette.
5. Due to postal regulations, raffle tickets cannot be mailed to you. We will email you a receipt for your order (or mail if you do not have an email account). When an order is placed, we will complete the ticket by filling in the name, address, email address and phone number, and we will drop the ticket in the barrel at Saint Bernard Church. A ticket receipt is not necessary to claim prizes in this drawing. After the drawing, the winner will be contacted based on the name and information on the ticket. To pick up the vehicle, two forms of identification, one of which must be a photo ID will be required to prove that this person is the person on the winning ticket. Winner notification will be made by telephone or mail.
7. Successive alternate backup winners will be drawn and held by Saint Bernard Church, but not announced in case the first winner does not claim the Corvette in 30 days, is deceased, or is otherwise ineligible.
8. Participant must be at least 18 years old. Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility at the discretion of Saint Bernard Church.
9. Winner is solely responsible for all taxes, registration, title, transfer fees, license duties, insurance and all expenses in claiming, registering and using the Corvette. This may include sales taxes and property taxes. Saint Bernard Church and the Diocese of Evansville have no liability with regard to taxes and fees for the vehicle.
10. Vehicle will not be modified by Saint Bernard Church to meet specific local, state or country requirements. Winner agrees to accept the vehicle as built for U.S. licensing and registration requirements. Winner will be responsible for any modifications required for import to a country outside of the U.S.
11. By law, the winner agrees to pay 25% federal income tax on the fair market value of the prize to Saint Bernard Church prior to release of the Corvette or any other prize. Saint Bernard Church will submit the taxes collected to the IRS. After the end of the year, Saint Bernard Church will file a form W-2G with the IRS to report the value of the prize won and the taxes paid in by the winner. The winner will receive a copy of this also.
Winner also agrees to pay applicable Indiana state tax (currently 3.4% of the fair market value of the car….subject to change) to Saint Bernard Church prior to release of the Corvette. Winner also agrees to provide their social security number and other personal information to Saint Bernard Church for tax purposes.
12. All nonresident aliens are required by IRS regulations to pay 30% US income tax on the value of the prize unless the winner is a resident of specific countries exempted by treaty. This amount must be paid to Saint Bernard Church prior to release of the prize. After the end of the year, Saint Bernard Church will file a Form 1042 and 1042-S to report the value of the prize won and the taxes paid in by the winner. The winner will receive a copy of this also.
13. In the event the Corvette is lost, damaged, destroyed, or otherwise not available, Saint Bernard Church and/or the Diocese of Evansville have the right to substitute another Corvette of similar value for the raffle. Ticket refunds will not be issued if this should occur.
14. Winner agrees to the use of his/her name, address, photograph or videotape likeness and statements for publicity purposes by Saint Bernard Church, and agrees to sign a publicity release without any further compensation.
15. Saint Bernard Church reserves the right to cancel this contest at any time, in which event its liability is limited to refund of ticket prices to participants. Any person who engages in conduct designed to corrupt the outcome of a charitable gaming activity with the purpose to defraud, or knowing that he is facilitating a fraud, is guilty of a Class D felony.
16. THIS CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS, AND IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED, OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED.
17. All proceeds benefit Saint Bernard Church and School in Rockport, Indiana. Indiana Gaming Raffle License #138431.